This project is read-only.

Can't get add-in to see existing Serviio installation

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:13 AM

Hello,

I have an existing Serviio installation on my WHS machine with the existing console setup for remote access and the library stored on a non-shared drive.

After installation the add-in does not seem to see the library.  Any ideas?  Thanks for your time.

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Hmm, that's a new one for me. Can I assume it is Serviio version 0.5.2 that you have installed? If so, do you run Serviio with any command line parameters that might affect the port that it listens on? I don't have any mechanism built in to the plug-in that can handle a non-standard install. Easy to add, but it's not there now. Anything else that might be unique?

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:43 AM

Yes, it's 0.5.2...

Parameters set in vmoptions files...

ServiioService.exe.vmoptions:

-Ddburl=jdbc:derby:d:/serviio_db/db

ServiioConsole.exe.vmoptions:

-Dserviio.remoteHost=192.168.1.7

d: is mapped locally on the server but is not part of the shared pool.

Hope this helps...Thanks for your time (and your efforts on this software)...

Aug 26, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Checking if there is any update on this.  Thanks.

Oct 8, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Hi yoda, I'm so sorry I never got back to you on this. I'm pretty sure the problem is that the WHS plug-in is only set up to look at a local instance of the serviio service. I.e., I'm guessing that you have the serviio server installed on a NAS or something but want to use the ServiioWHS tool to manage this. This is not supported by the plug-in. It is hard coded only to manage "localhost." I will try to add it to the 0.6 version, due very soon.

It is also possible that I'm reading this wrong and that you do have the serviio service running locally. In this case, it is possible that we're running into a problem with your WHS having multiple network adapters and localhost isn't resolving properly. I think the above will also allow you to fix this, as well.

Oct 11, 2011 at 1:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback...I'll check 0.6 when it is released/