This project is read-only.

whs 2011

Sep 30, 2011 at 9:46 AM

hello sorry for my english but i am french

i like serviio it's the better home media for my two tv samsung

but i have au server with whs 2011 and i would know when the serviio version for whs 2011 will be taken?

thanks

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Hi. Obviously you can use remote desktop to get Serviio running on WHS 2011 today, but the plug-in for 2011 will be coming "soon." I'm targeting a release date of 11/11/2011. :) It will be based on the 0.6 version of Serviio, so you can safely get started with that version if you'd like (the plug-in will work fine with an existing installation). Or you can wait a month.

Oct 22, 2011 at 11:43 AM

I'm using remote desktop at the moment as you suggested to control serviio, but I hope you make the 11/11 date, I'm really keen to see what you come up with. Good luck.

Nov 20, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Any update on how you are progressing with the the whs2011 add in?

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Hello , I am currently using using advanced admin console to administrate Serviio and have been anxiously following and waiting for your 2011 add in release : ).  any status to its development.. thank you in advance..   

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:02 AM

The add-in is finished pending the general release of Serviio 0.6.1. This should happen any day now. I will post the new Serviio.WHS2011 (and an updated Serviio.WHS) add-in very soon thereafter. Sorry for the long delay. I've been quite distracted with life (new baby, completion/defense of a dissertation, graduation, teaching, etc.). :)

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Dissertation and Baby simutaneously - hard work on its own, without the normal day to day grind and this. You've got to wanting a holiday right about now.

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:33 PM

My my Yes you are busy.. : ) congratulations on the new baby.. enjoy life.. and thanks again in advance for writing this.. : )

Jan 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM

And it's up. Let me know what you think.

Jan 9, 2012 at 11:28 AM

In short, very nice. Your 'Library & Presentation' layout is better than the default serviio consol. Its a bit slow opening (ie when I click the add-in icon on the dashboard), but I suspect thats at least partly a function of the blisteringly fast microserver that I am running serviio on. I haven't given it a full going over yet, but will be in the next day or 2 as the media folders are going to be meaningfully rearranged.

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Glad it's working for you so far. Thanks for the feedback. The delay in loading was actually "by design" in that I don't initialize any of the add-in's tabs until you first use them. At least in theory this should improve load times (and memory usage, potentially) for the Dashboard/Console itself. After the first use, each tab SHOULD be fairly snappy. I may work on this, though. In the case of 2011, I think each add-in tab is kept independent, so I can probably remove this design consideration without too much of an adverse effect.

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I thought that might be the case. I did notice it was quicker on 2nd and subsequent switches to your addin from others. I think you have done the right thing, only initializing on demand