This project is read-only.

installed serviio and whs hosed

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Installed serviio on 1-8 and then logging into the whs console was nearly impossible. Takes multiple attempts and up to 10 minutes before the console will populate.

I uninstalled serviio, but the probelm pretty much remains.

Are there steps to take to more thoroughly clean up after the uninstall?

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Sorry to hear that. Definitely not something to be expected. Sometimes, depending on the size and nature of your library, Serviio (the server, not the add-in) can take up quite a bit of your CPU cycles and the WHS Console can take quite some time to load. Regardless, I'm assuming you've probably uninstalled the Add-In and not the Serviio server itself. You can do this from the Add-In, but it sounds like it is already removed. So, 1) either reinstall the add-in, go to the About tab, and click on the uninstall Serviio link, or 2) log in to your WHS box using Remote Desktop, open the Control Panel, and remove Serviio using the Add/Remove software tool. Both will accomplish the same exact thing (i.e., run the Serviio uninstaller). Hope this helps. If not, let me know and I might be able to walk you through some more manual steps to get everything cleaned up.