Serviio Service Unavailable

Jul 21, 2012 at 6:32 PM

After installing and rebooting WHS the add-in appears to be installed but in the WHS console window I only see "Serviio Service Unavailable" ... "Install Serviio"

I installed by copying Serviio.WHS.msi and installing add-in from WHS Console.

When this is selected a message box appears "Error Downloading / Installing Serviio."

When I examine C:\Program Files there is no Serviio folder.

From WHS Console I'm able to do screen captures, if forwarding these would be of any help.

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Don't worry about screen shots, but if you could, I need to see the "Dashboard.log" file from:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs

To get this, you will have to use "Remote Desktop Connection" to connect directly to your WHS--or if your WHS has keyboard/monitor/mouse, just log in to it directly. The file should contain a bit more detail as to the error you are receiving.

Note, though, that all I do is download the installer directly from Serviio.org and install it. You can do this yourself manually if you'd like. Download version 0.6.2 from here:

http://www.serviio.org/download

Again, this MUST be installed directly on the WHS box, not on your PC. And again, you can do this using Remote Desktop Connection or by connecting directly to the server.

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM, charlest010 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

After installing and rebooting WHS the add-in appears to be installed but in the WHS console window I only see "Serviio Service Unavailable" ... "Install Serviio"

When this is selected a message box appears "Error Downloading / Installing Serviio."

From WHS Console I'm able to do screen captures, if forwarding these would be of any help.

--
Paul T. York, Ph.D.
Asst. Professor, Management Information Systems
Hull College of Business at Augusta State University

Jul 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM

The folder “ProgramData” doesn’t exist. Interesting, I tried to search in explorer to locate “Dashboard.log” but search doesn’t function either. Next problem was trying to install no Java 6 and errors on trying to download. I’ll try some of the forums and see if I can get closer to a solution.

Thanks

Charles

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM, ptyork <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Don't worry about screen shots, but if you could, I need to see the "Dashboard.log" file from:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs

To get this, you will have to use "Remote Desktop Connection" to connect directly to your WHS--or if your WHS has keyboard/monitor/mouse, just log in to it directly. The file should contain a bit more detail as to the error you are receiving.

Note, though, that all I do is download the installer directly from Serviio.org and install it. You can do this yourself manually if you'd like. Download version 0.6.2 from here:

http://www.serviio.org/download

Again, this MUST be installed directly on the WHS box, not on your PC. And again, you can do this using Remote Desktop Connection or by connecting directly to the server.

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM, charlest010 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

--
Paul T. York, Ph.D.
Asst. Professor, Management Information Systems
Hull College of Business at Augusta State University

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (serviiowhs@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email serviiowhs@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com